Why Volunteer? What are the Benefits?
- Get the BEST deals by shopping the Volunteer PreSale BEFORE 100's of Consignors!
- Get part or ALL of your registration $ fee $ refunded + MORE* commission of your sales!
- Meet a lot of great people- mainly other local moms!
- It's Fun, Easy, and Busy so time passes quickly!
click for => Volunteer Worker Registration
* Bring 3 (new) food donations for The Well food pantry and shop 30
MINUTES EARLY!!! 3+ shifts= 4:00pm 2 shifts= 4:30 1 shift= 5:00pm.
The WELL's GREATEST NEEDS are:
Jelly, Chicken-n-dumplins, Pancake Mix & Syrup but all (new) food donations are appreciated.
THANK YOU! I get repeated compliments for our high quality
standards, great organization, and wonderfully friendly and helpful
volunteers! That's alllll because of YOU! I couldn't do it without you!
What Should I Know to Volunteer?
I Can't Help On-Site during the Sale, Can I Still Shop Early?
Greatest Need? MANPOWER for SET-UP and TEAR DOWN
- Volunteer a strong man/woman to work FOR you! Spouse, friend, neighbor, family.
- Manual labor- may require loading, unloading, rack/table set-up, etc.
- 6 hours= 2 shifts or 3 hours = 1 shift for set-up and tear down ONLY
- SET UP= SUNDAY, July 21 @ 12 - ~6 pm
- TEAR DOWN= SAT July 27 @ 2:00 pm - ~7 pm.
- Please bring power screw-driver if possible (not required).
- *** NEW THIS SALE*** Work SET UP and/or TEAR DOWN= get your commission check
when you pick up your unsold stuff!!!! No waiting 2 weeks for checks to be mailed!
Other Times of GREAT NEED that Don't Require heavy lifting?
Can My School/Sports/Church Group Volunteer to Help?
- Sun, July 21 @ 5- 9 pm (drop-off)
- Tue, July 23 @ 5 pm - 11pm (presale)
- Wed, July 24 @ 8 am - ??? (public sale opening day!)
- Sat, July 27 @ ALL DAY 8 am - 8pm (1/2 price sale then sorting*)
- *Work SORT SHIFT Sat, July 27 @ 2:00 pm - ~6:00 pm and get your commission check
and unsold items THAT DAY + I provide pizza and drinks!
- YES. We happily give $ DONATIONS $ to organizations willing to actively help SET-UP
and TEAR DOWN. Contact TheKidzKlozetSale@gmail.com ASAP for info!
Can I Volunteer if I do NOT Consign?
- YES! We ALWAYS need more good volunteers. ANYONE can volunteer and shop early!
Can I Bring a Guest to the VOLUNTEER PreSale?
- Sorry, No. Out of fairness to our wonderful volunteers that spend time helping on-site and off-
site to make our sale successful, there are NO guests admitted during this time. Volunteers will
receive a Guest Shopping Pass to give to someone that allows them to shop @ 7:30 PM with all
other guests, after the consignors.
If I Volunteer to Help with Drop-Off, Can I Bring My Sale Items Then?
- You may drop off your items before or after (NOT during) your shift. We need our volunteers
available to assist others during this VERY busy time.
- Yes, you can bring a snack if can be eaten easily with no mess.
- 6+ hour shift workers, please let us know to make sure you get a break to eat.
- Please bring food so you don't need to leave the site during your shift.
- Sorry, volunteers cannot bring children during their volunteer time.
- We need our volunteers to fulfill a variety as needs such as check-out, organization, assisting
shoppers, etc and it is too difficult to do this effectively while caring for children.
What If I'm Unable to Volunteer at My Scheduled Time?
- Click the "Volunteer Registration" link at top to change, add, or delete a volunteer shift at any
point BEFORE the sale
- Please make every effort to send a substitute in your place- they should sign in for you.
- Call Laura ASAP 615-397-3607 if you are unable to find a replacement.
- If you shop the Volunteer PreSale then are unable to volunteer, you'll be expected to assist with
post-sale paperwork (envelop stuffing/stamping, etc) to fulfill your obligation.
Are there any $ Paid $ Positions?
Yes- Advertising Coordinator (1 position)
NOTE: This position is filled for the Fall 2013 Sale. Thanks! :)
- Note: This is the ONLY paid position for this sale.
- Act as 'point person' for perspective advertisers to contact via email and/or phone.
- Actively recruit local family friendly businesses, including home-based business (for example:
Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, etc) to advertise in 300 Grab Bags and/or on our Website.
- Arrange to pick-up/receive the ads and payment from advertisers.
- Volunteer *on-site* on MONDAY, July 22 from 6pm - ~10pm for the bag stuffing shift.
- Motivated, proactive coordinators make MORE money so if this is you, APPLY!
- Email Laura at TheKidzKlozetSale@gmail.com and click here for more details.
- This position = 3 volunteer shifts